Friday 18 January 2008

Soldering Madness !

Bonsoir people, after ruining two soldering irons in the last 6 months I bought a new one today and I am trying in vain to solder these glass charms but my god, it is so hard to get a nice fairly neat line of solder but I am trying far too hard and I keep overworking pieces when the other side goes wrong and it ends up ruining the whole piece, it is actually driving me mad and so are the fumes, I'm quite surprised that I haven't set my hair on fire yet or lost an eyebrow as I get so involved that my head gets loser and closer to the iron but here is an example of todays effort...


Oh and this is my lovely new soldering iron that hasn't had any bits fall off it yet !


And here are bits I made with the other irons......
Actually I am a bit ashamed to show them... no really I don't think I can... ok here they are then.. don't laugh too hard ..........


3 comments:

  1. send me an email and i'll give you some soldering tips!
    keeshagirl4@aol.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your iron needs to be a little hotter! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don't gasp but I..........wasn't using any FLUX ! That I believe was my biggest problem ( didn't think I would need it !)how wrong I was ...

    ReplyDelete